|Vintage Ouija Board and Hans Holzer's Haunted Houses First Edition|
There must be something spooky in the cold November air tonight! I have been having this vision over the last couple months of finding a Ouija board at the local thrift store, and on the third visit there it was sitting exactly on the very shelf that I pictured it would be. Even the box looked exactly as I had in my mind's eye. I'm only half kidding when I say I had a little shiver along my back and arms when I saw it.
This is a vintage board from the Canadian Games Company, and in perfect condition, for the mere price of only $2.99 and perhaps my eternal soul ... kidding, but, yeah I realise every 80's horror movie begins out something like this.
The instructions come with some hilarious and very dated questions. Here's a sample :
- Is there a single man present?
- Is he in love?
- Spell his sweetheart's name.
- Does he love her? ( this might be a fun one for the cosmic pixies to answer)
- How many years before they get married?
- Does he kiss other girls? ( This might have bearing on the previous question)
- How old Is Miss So-and-So?
- What street does she live on?
- What number? (This is getting stalker-ish)
- Which gentleman would she prefer to walk her home?
- Does she flirt?
Ouija thinks it might be a good dating tool I guess. Like I said, very dated questions, and it warns if you get an incorrect answer to remember that Ouija has its humorous side.
Along with the board I had a bonus find that was not part of my visions, but very welcome, and completely suiting the theme of my other purchase.
I found a first edition hardcover Hans Holzer's Haunted Houses, with some super atmospheric vintage pics of infamous ghost houses. This even more than the Ouija made my day. I love Holzer's stuff and there has never been another ghost hunter like him since.
Definitely a good day thrifty shopping for the girl who loves all things spooky! I will let you know what mischief I get up to with the board.