Cosmic Witchcraft - Book Faerie

Hi I'm Susan. This blog is a collection of my past, present, and future imaginings, notes, photographs, and writing  that has ...

Monday 23 September 2024

A Book Review of Erosion By Lucya Starza


 ​Book Review: Erosion by Lucya Starza Moon Books May 2024

E​rosion is a gothic ​​novel set ​in an English seaside town in the Summer of 1987.  ​Alice is fresh out of University with big dreams of becoming a writer. Her desire for independence and some synchronicity leads her to meeting a new group of friends who become her roommates and a Summer job at a caravan (trailer) park. It is here that she hopes to find the inspiration to begin her first great novel.  But things never quite go as hoped for. The discovery of a mysterious grave and the bones within sets the stage for the magic and darkness that follows. ''It all began when we found the bones.''

​I was already an admirer of author Lucya Starza non-fiction titles and I was happy to hear she was writing a novel in one of my favourite genres. I bought a copy and waited until my own Summer vacation to give it a good read.  ​Erosion did not disappoint. It has a dark foreboding atmosphere with a group of intriguing and relatable characters.  I finished the book in two days as it's one of those stories that makes it nearly impossible to put down.

There are a few unanswered questions that I am left to ponder, which I dare hope may be revealed in a future novel? Hint, Lucya Starza ;)   

If you are a fan of  gothic mysteries, and​ especially if you feel a nostalgia for the 80s this novel is a fun read and I highly recommend it. ​ 5+

This review was originally published to Good Reads You can check out author Lucya Starza's A Bad Witch's blog here.

No comments:

Post a Comment